It’s SG50 year and it’s the best time to ask for goodies. We mummies and daddies work hard every day to contribute to the economy and raise our families, take care of our parents and serve society.
So here is my wishlist for this year’s rally:
1. The government to support fathers more by granting more paternity leave (that doesn’t have be taken from maternity leave).
2. Mandatory family care leave for us to take care of our spouse, parents or grandparents if they are not feeling well.
4. Extend maternity leave employment protection, an employer cannot terminate an employee within 2 months of her fully utilizing her maternity leave. So if a mum returns to work after using her full 4 months maternity leave, she cannot be terminated until 2 months later.
5. Working mothers to be given the option to work part time for the first year of the child’s life.
6. CPF housing grant for family to live near grandparents to be extended to 5 km (from 2km) and income ceiling to be raised to at least $12,000.
7. More housing grants for low to middle income families applying for HDB flats.
8. Single mums to get more maternity leave and baby bonus.
9. COE subsidies for parents with 2 children below age of 7 years old.
10. Enhanced childcare subsidies for working parents, income ceiling raised to $10,000.
Contributed by Julia Chan
What are you hoping to hear at this year’s rally? Share your comments with us below!